Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Equasion Query

In a message dated 2/4/03 8:23:48 AM Pacific Standard Time, pipo305@hotmail.com writes:

P.P.S. please, present yourself to the group!

yes absolutely rude of me!

hello all,

i am a designer working mostly in film/video. recently i was with a film that was going to utilize psubs and largers ones. i was entirely gung ho until it appeared more and more that they were going to rely on cg effects (computer generated images). so i quit the film and am have gotten bit by the bug. i live on the monterey bay and the fact that there is a trench which is deeper than the grand canyon in stones throw is gnawing at me.

so i am in the process of design. i am looking at an ambiant pressure design, capable of shallow dives (zero to 100 feet). There are many questions i have at this point, the most elusive being figuring out a drag coefficient for hull design. i am streamlining everything, but would like to know what to expect in regards to motor thrust, vehicle weight, etc..

great group! i think we all must be mad!

jasper