Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS Scrubber Systems

Sounds like a good meter for the money.  I tend to lean towards the
HMX-271 though.  Yes they are expensive.  So that's not good.  But how
much does one value their life?  They have a good reputation.  They are
outdated, but they can still be serviced.  The HMX-271 is a three gas
detector.  % in LEL and O2, and PPM for H2S.  LEL is Lowest Explosive
Limit, which means it's going to pick up any explosive gases and sound
the alarm when the lowest exlosive limit is reached.  Propane, hydrogen,
acetylene, ethane, ethylene, methane, iso-butane, the list detected is
huge.  While I'm not sure if H2S will be an issue on a psub, it may help
when dealing with batteries.  I imagine it should be possible to switch
out the sensors.  So then CO2, CO and O2 (or LELs) could be detected.
Will check up on that.
Carl

--
"You delight not in a city's seven or seventy wonders, but in an answer
it gives to a question of yours, or the question it asks you, forcing