Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] dual hull??

Hi,

I think Ray gave a good answer to the multi layer pressure hull.
But, uou could always make the spacing bigger and fill it with
concrete...

Something similar that could work: coil high pressure
piping all the way along the inside of the hull cylinder, with
the pipe coils kind of acting like framing for the cylinder but
bunched up very close (touching even).  Now if you pressuring
the high pressure piping it will provide support for the hull.
You could even exposed the inside of the piping to external
pressure.  The idea being that the pressurized piping keeps
the hull under internal tension (kind of like the hull had been
pressurized).  Carl T.F. Ross's book "Pressure Vessels: External
Pressure Technology" as a couple of paragraphs discussing this
idea/method.

Ian.