Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] old Gov. rebreather plans

Well, I heard back from my best source of out-of-print books and such.  Tracy can find anything ever written... I asked for Guttenberg Bible once.... just as a joke.  She replied with several prospects... but told me that autographs and notes from Martin Luther were not available.

At $98.00, though, plus Tracy's markup, it is a little beyond my means.  If anyone wants to fork out that kind of money, you are welcome to give her a call.

I haven't investigated the local public library or the UW systems library yet... so there may yet be hope.

Hey Dale,
Well after a bit of searching I did find this but you may not like what I found, it is a bit expensive, details are below

Air Service Medical Manual
  Washington Got Printing Office 1918. G+ [browning pages, stamp ffep] blue cloth, gilt. From the War Department, Air Service Division of Military Aeronautics, Washington D.C.  Illustrated by b/w plates. 1st edition. Binding is 4to pp38   $98

The Attic Books & Coffee
730 Bodart St.
Green Bay, WI 54301
920-435-6515
atticbooks@msn.com

"We have what you need, though you may not know you need it." -Christopher Morley
On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 09:33, William Alford wrote:
At 05:30 AM 1/9/2003 -0600, Dale A. Raby wrote:

> What is the author and title of the book you found the reference in?

HYPOXIA, A Detailed Review of the Effects of Oxygen Want on the Body, Edward J
Jan Liere MD, and J Clifford Stickney, Univ of Chicago Press 1963. Library of
Congress Catalog Card Number: 63-16722

in the preface, he thanks the US Gov Printing Office for permission to reprint
from "Air Service Medical", so it was still around in '63. thanks for the offer
to help find. Often old tech articles still have great value and much
information is "rediscovered" decades later for want of access.

William Alford
walford@dbtech.net

Tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner

Dale A. Raby