Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PWM Controllers

Robin Williams does a bit on acronyms, Not PWM, FET, or SCR.  FET is
basically an electronic relay I believe.

Jay.

                      jbarlow@bjservices.ca
                      Sent by:                          To:       personal_submersibles@psubs.org
                      owner-personal_submersible        cc:
                      s@psubs.org                       Subject:  Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PWM Controllers

                      20/01/2003 07:43 PM
                      Please respond to
                      personal_submersibles

FYI,

I have said for some time that the downfall of our civilization will be the
use of acronyms.  It is almost getting to point where people can't
understand each other.
  Is the end of communication the end of civilization??

LOL.  (-:  ......

I think PWM is "pulse width modulation" ??

The DC motor is turned on and off rapidly to reduce the power going to it
instead of using as resistor to run at less than full throttle. (though
electric motors don't actually have throttles)

Robin Williams does a good bit on it in Good Morning Vietnam.

MECHANICAL GUY ,

Jay.

                      John Rogers

                      <djohnndjinn@yahoo.com>           To:
personal_submersibles@psubs.org

                      Sent by:                          cc:

                      owner-personal_submersible        Subject:  Re:
[PSUBS-MAILIST] PWM Controllers
                      s@psubs.org

                      20/01/2003 07:27 PM

                      Please respond to

                      personal_submersibles

FET = field effect transistor

SCR = silicon controlled rectifier

--John

 "Dale A. Raby" <publisher@thegreenbayweb.com> wrote:
 Militarese translation:

 LT = Lieutenant
 MRE's = Meals Rejected by Ethiopians (US soldiers and sailors eat 'em
 though)
 AWOL = Absent WithOut Leave
 SOL = Shit Outa Luck

 Now... I'd kinda like to know what FET's SCR's etc are as well!