Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PWM Controllers

Nuge,

My apologies.

I have the same problem you do where I work, maybe this will help:

FET = Field Effect Transistor

IGBT = Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor

SCR = Silicon Controlled Rectifier

PWM = Pulse Width Modulation as opposed to PDM or PAM

SOL = Silicon On the Level

POS = Piece of Silicon

AREA = Arial Resources Evaluation Area

DOA = Dead On Appearance

LT = Low Level Transistor

MRE = Maybe Ready to Eat

Engineers are used to acronyms and are reluctant to show their ignorance and don't ask what the acronyms stand for, it helps keep everybody confused. Sometimes a desirable goal. Otherwise everybody would know what they are doing.

Have Fun,

Ken Martindale

    Would someone mind yelling down to the little people and explaining what exactly FET's, SCR's, IGBT's ARE?  And perhaps a nod in the direction of where one can pick up the basics of what is being talked about?  My LT told me I had to help with the MRE's because the cook was AWOL, and if I don't figure this out I'll be SOL and my sub will be DOA.

   Thanks,

Nuge