Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS Tasklist and SpecSheet release

Warrend-

I studied fault-tolerant distributed embedded systems in grad school, mainly from a software point of view.  Most of the stuff we dealt wth wouldn't apply very well to a PSub; it was mostly embedded systems interacting with fault-tolerant internet data servers.  However, I have studied controller networks under the CAN protocol for automotive applications.  This would likely be an excellent paradigm for our own software / hardware architecture.  But I am getting way ahead of where we are..

So yes, I agree that QA makes a good fit under documentation.  and I can help out with electronics when needed.

--John

 Warrend Greenway <dub@linuxmail.org> wrote:

It sounds like what you mentioned would be part of the documentation process.
It is very, very, very important that we iron out every flaw in our design and
documentation. I like you suggestion, though, I think I may well add a QA to
each category, explicitly. This wouldn't mean that a separate person would have
to handle QA for each category. I think QA would fall under Mark Steeds documentation
category as a sub-category. Would you be interested in working on the optional
electronics when we get to that point, as well? Do you have any experience with
locked-process and failsafe code? Oh, yes, and Welcome Aboard!

Warren.