Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS multi-ring-size hull

I actually toyed with the idea of an oval cross-section pressure hull a few
years back.  Mostly to reduce the draft of the vessel to enable it to come
closer into shore in the lakes etc.  I somewhat abandoned the idea as more
complicated and expensive.  But maybe it could be looked at.

Jay.

                      "Warrend Greenway"
                      <dub@linuxmail.org>               To:       personal_submersibles@psubs.org
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      owner-personal_submersible        Subject:  Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS multi-ring-size hull
                      s@psubs.org

                      16/01/2003 11:07 AM
                      Please respond to
                      personal_submersibles

Well, you're right about the flooding part. Well, you are basically
right altogether. I didn't say quite what I meant to. What I wanted
was the beam, more so then the height. I want the pilot to sit side-by-
side with one passenger and both have a clear view forward. This requires
elbo room, but no more then sitting height...But I am cooling on the
free flooding part, since it could become a structural nightmare. In
reality I was trying to minimize the volume of the 2 meter hull to
something more like a 1.2 meter hull, overall...Lemme ponder the free-
flooding a bit.

Warren.

--
http://www.linuxmail.org/