Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Open source cad/sub tools

Ian,
I recall seeing a prototype on television used to make 3D maps of underwater
caves in Florida.  The team of cave divers were using a man sized
torpedo/diver-propulsion-vehicle looking device to map the fresh water
springs.  All the divers had to do was 'drive' the device just like a DPV,
the data was downloaded and rendered on the surface after the dive.  The
whole shebang looked automated, but then, is anything as simple as it first
seems?  I'll dig up the few clips I kept from the show, if I hear any names
from the research team, I'll make a seond post.

Regards,
Shin

"And further more, be advised that although this is actually a live
broadcast and is being sent out at this very moment, it is quite possible
that it may arrive tomorrow, right now, or perhaps even yesterday." -Serial
Experiments Lain ep#8