Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] group submarine designing - good or bad.

Ian has echoed some of my sentiments, too.

Open Source does not necessarily mean non-commercial.
Perhaps," in the" or "for" *public domain* might be a close term?
And there very well could be legal ramifications here even
if caveats and disclaimers were in place.   Most products on
the market have warnings and disclaimers, but that does not
immune them from lawsuits.

As far as projects go, I've been involved in both business and
non-commercial projects that fizzled-out due to many reasons :
family and financial crisis, disagreements, withering interests,
procrastination...etc. If a group/project coordinator were to face
a family crisis or personal problem that would cause him to
bow-out, this alone could crash the program. We all need to
stay on top of things and have a sense of the project so it does
not falter if anyone one or more person(s) has to step out.

If there was a similar project here on pSubs then we need to ask
and know why it hasn't been completed so we can avoid the
pitfalls.

I realize this is just in the discussion stage and nothing has been
laid in stone. But lets not allow our excitement and exhuberance
overshadow prudence and common sense.

I'm not trying to be a pill here or dampen matters, but the devil
is in the details...or something to that effect.

--Steve