Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Acrylic Molds

Dan

I think you are addressing by problem on bending 1" Acrylic.  The manufactures actually have formulas for temperature and heating area and method based on the thickness of the sheet. ChemCast is the best I have seen. (www.chemcastacrylic.com/technical/mx4.htm)  I was planning on building an narrow oven that has two pieces: one on top of the sheet and the other under it, and long enough to extend over the edge and be joined together.  Likely a plywood box like Doc describes but with an electric element and thermostat so I can better control the long heat up and cool down cycle required for the 1" Acrylic.  Maybe I can use a metal rod and a battery charger for the heater, and I can rig a thermostat to my PC and have it turn the AC to the charger off and on as needed. A small fan with the motor outside the oven and metal blades inside might keep the temperature even too.  It would make a great dehydrator when I'm done! Jerky anyone?

Other Ideas?

End View    _______
Oven Top    |     |
Oven Bottom |_____|