Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure air drive.

You must gear down the airmotor. 25000rpm is too fast for any prop. I think
that the 73 minutes might be generous, but not by that much. I think the only
real flaw in that calc is that you have to subtract a few hundred psi from the
tank, which affects capacity, to allow for the water pressure. If Pierre is running
an ambient pressure sub then he has to subtract very little, and this becomes even
more practical. Those gear-reduced air motors I was quoting as 3hp at 60cfm were
not a bad option. It could be done more efficiently, but that is good enough.

Warren.

--
http://www.linuxmail.org/