Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure air drive.

I was looking at a couple gear drive industrial air motors, and the
cfm went like 1hp=55cfm, 3hp=100cfm, 8hp=230cfm. This seemed to be
more accurate then standard air-motors, sice these had integrated
speed reducers. I was thinking tanks to the tune of a pair of 144" by
16" at 3000psi. I believe that would leave you with approx 60min run
time with 3hp motor. These motors are "water proof", but not submersible
...So that would have to be resolved. Scaring the local fish silly is
one of the concerns that had me leaning back towards electric. I also
checked the air grinders, and the motors aren't suitable for a drive
application, they use a different design that has a low stall pressure.
You last remark was great, though, since the fact that I was planning
on mixing submersibles with diving was one of the reasons I was considering
air. I wonder how long it would take to charge the tanks with an 80hp
diesel compressor? Any ideas on how to find out?

Warren.

--
http://www.linuxmail.org/