From: Carsten Standfuss [mailto:MerlinSub@t-online.de]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 4:57 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure air drive.

No Alec - I have not the book and I never heard this story.
But I have three pictures of boat build in the 50ties from junk
to smuggle person from East to West Berlin.

Was a intresting concept: The pilot was in a warbird aircraft style
open cockpit as diver and the passengers behind him in a pressuretight
compartment. Looks more like a warbird without wings (after crash) than
anythings else. They never found out how use it - was unmanned found
in a lake covered with trees.

How far is your boat now from getting ready ?

Carsten