Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] CO2 Scrubber

Hi Warren!

My name is Pierre and I'm building a dry-ambient sub. I was planning to use
a mouth-piece inside the sub but your mail about co2 scrubber raise my
interest. I don't know anything about scrubbers but by the way you are
talking about it, it sound pretty simple... Could you give me more details
about the system?

Thank you very much!

Pierre Poulin

>From: "Warrend Greenway" <dub@linuxmail.org>
>To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
>Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] CO2 Scrubber
>Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 06:03:33 +0800

I just picked up the parts for my "test" CO2 scrubber. It cost all of
$12.00. Has anyone else already done this? It's a pretty cheap test, but any
words of wisdom would be appreciated. I am using porous plastic for the
filters, PVC caps for the canister. I am going to use my welder
tanks and regulator to introduce a controlled flow of mixed gas. There will
be electronic CO2 sensors on the inlet and outlet so I can monitor
absorption rates. Filter medium will be slaked lime from the hardware store
granulated. I obviously won't be able to electrically recharge this test
scrubber...I'll know how it works as soon as I can assemble it!

http://www.msn.fr/msger/default.asp