[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: A reporter from Forbes Magazine writes......

Hi Dave,

Most of the PSUBers I know about are connected via e-mail to our
listserver alias. I Cc'ed this response to that alias and
those who are interested can respond. Good luck.

Regards,
Ray

> Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:30:08 -0500
> From: "David Armstrong" <darmstrong@forbes.com>
> To: <Ray.keefer@Sun.COM>
> Subject: A reporter from Forbes Magazine writes......
id gBGNVLM7007304

> Greetings Ray Keefer and PSUBS crew,
>
> My name is David Armstrong, and I am a reporter for Forbes Magazine. I'm
writing an article for our "lifestyles" section on people who build their own
submarines -  ideally in their backyard or their garage. I was told by Jeff Lake
of the Simon Lake project that the PSUBS group was the best place to start.
After looking around your site, it seems he was right. These are exactly the
kinds of stories that we are looking for.  Would you say that PSUBS has the most
inclusive collection of submarine builders around? We aren't looking for
submarine modelers, nor are we looking for ambient subs nor those propelled
machines for SCUBA divers.

> We are looking for the individuals who have taken on the most challenging,
creative, innovative projects they can imagine in building personal submarines
for no other reason than the sheer joy of the project and the reward of diving
to the depths in contraptions of their own creation. We have a budget to do
several photographs across several pages, and are not restricted to the U.S. (I
saw the "Freyda" on your site, and understand that is in Denmark. Any idea where
that sub or its builder is now? I also understand there are good projects in
Germany and Hawaii.)

> Please let me know if you could help me track down some of these builders and
their projects. Again, the bigger, crazier, more innovative, the better.  These
are people who have really accomplished something through sheer will power,
attitude and an inability to let problems big or small stand in the way. All
qualities we try to highlight in Forbes, and I think telling the story of these
sub builders is a neat way to do it. I look forward to your response.