[PSUBS-MAILIST] watertight bushings

Does any one know where I might pick up a couple of inexpensive
watertight  bushings that I could run some one inch diameter trolling
motor control shafts through? I though a boats rudder post bushing might
work but I'm not sure if they would remain watertight to 100 feet. This
in not for use in a manned pressure hull so the consequences of failure
are not dire. Also I'm interested if anyone has come across or built
there own external waterproof variable speed controller for a trolling
motor. I planned to have a simple momentary on /off switch but when I
pulled apart the control box of my trolling motor and saw how small the
actual speed controller was I thought about trying to incorporate it into
a watertight hand control and sealing the rest of the circuit board in a
separate compartment. It would still need a safety lanyard kill switch in
case she shorted out at full speed.
Any suggestions appreciated