Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hydrogen Fuel Cells coming closer for Psubs?

Unless you're on the surface with solar cells.  I have seriously
considered that.  What if I'm in my dream sub and I get out some
distance (as in a long ways) from shore and I lose power?  What would I
do?  What could I do?  So I think up situations and ways to solve them.
Including the use of a small hand crnk genny that may only put out a few
volts (6-12), but something is better than nothing.  What if I'm down
below, can't come up for whatever reason, and running low on O2 because
the temp is too low for the chem scrubbers to work?  Heat pacs.  In
particular the heat pacs they use to heat MREs or those Heater Meals.
Get a meal for $4 at Wal-Mart.  Add salt water to the pak and it heats
up.  Unfortunately it also puts out acetylene.  Not good.  But, it heats
past the boiling point of water, which is good.

Just voicing some thoughts.  Enough of my babble.
Carl

--
"You delight not in a city's seven or seventy wonders, but in an answer
it gives to a question of yours, or the question it asks you, forcing