[PSUBS-MAILIST] MIT open courseware

MIT went live today with a website on which they are placing complete course materials like study notes, reading requirements, exercises, etc. and making it available to the general public. This is a really cool idea, it basically allows anyone to get some serious knowledge if they take the time to study the materials, even if they cannot enroll or attend. Hats off to MIT.

Here is the page for ocean engineering. You'll find some pretty good stuff on submersibles, like course 13.49 on the left of the page. I've just taken a very quick look and the nice thing is they do review the math basics at the start of the course notes, which is just as well for me as I've forgotten all this stuff.

enjoy,

Alec

http://ocw.mit.edu/global/department13.html