RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] My PSUB Explorer

Perhaps the most efficient path forward is to forget changes in power or props, and see whether there are any opportunities to streamline the hull or appendages. I haven't seen pictures, so I've no idea if you have realistic chances of doing that. But if possible, it would be a far more elegant solution.

Alec

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Winick [mailto:subguy33@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 1:39 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] My PSUB Explorer

Thanks for all the input, gentlemen. I'm impressed,
though still unsure of the best path. More powerful
motors will involve either less time on the batteries
or reconfiguring to hold more/larger batteries. A
major task in my tiny boat.

I'm still angling toward some prop modification. What
about smaller diam 3 or 4 blade ducted? BTW, my props
are shrouded in the current config. I keep thinking
about Kittredge's first K-250. He used two-blade,
unshrouded trolling motors less powerful than mine! My
sub is not all that different in displacement and
profile.

AW