Re: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] CAD packages

Roger, I experienced exactly the same thing -- I've been using Mechanical
Desktop for a long time, and though I have been following the development of
Inventor since R2, it was not until I played with the R6 beta that I became
convinced that it could actually be an adequate tool for drawing creation.

The unofficial word is that R7 will be the last release of Mechanical Desktop.

Incidentally, the last release of the Inventor Series package (which included
both Mechanical Desktop 6 and Inventor 5.3) was about $8000 CDN, with an
additional $1200 per seat for the annual maintenance.  Of course, I can not
condone software piracy, but the list members may wish to be aware that
Autodesk has a history of turning a blind eye to the casual (non-business, non-
profit) user that happens to come across a copy.

For what it's worth.

-Sean

Quoting rjune@fuse.net: