RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] CAD packages

Microsoft VISIO 2000 (or greater), while not an official CAD program,
has served me well for initial drawings.  When Microsoft took over Visio
as a product it looks like they tried to capture some 2D CAD aspects
without any intent on competing with AutoDesk.  I was comfortable with
Visio from business drawings at work so it was the first tool I tried.
The nice thing with Visio is that they have templates for valve shapes
and the like (something AutoDESK charges as an add-in).

I'm now in the process of learning/mastering AutoCAD and definitely see
the benefits of a real CAD but I'm glad I was able to leverage my
company's version instead of ponying up the $$ myself.

- Rob
Seattle, WA