Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] O2 & CO2 sensors

Does anybody know what these sensors consist of?
I wonder if there are hobbyiests that make these for fun.
When I was a kid I remember reading books written for
kids in teens, 20s, 30s about electricity.  They told how to
make storage batteries, wheatstone bridges etc.  They aren't in
the libraries anymore. Arthur Morgan comes to mind as an author.
Anyway, it might be possible to make an oxygen and a CO2 sensor
or make them cheaply enough and small enough to have three.
Larry Murray