RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Getting Respect

My experiences have been, tell them you want it for a
personal submarine and they think your either mad or
don't want to know about the work. Tell them its for a
steel boat that your building as a hobby and you can
get some really good deals. Allthough, now my boat is
starting to take a bit of shape respect is coming
anyway.
Brent Shaw
for the clear waters of NZ

--- Alec Smyth <Asmyth@changepoint.com> wrote:
> The first quote for my pressure hull, from a local
> company that makes cool things for the department of
> defense, was $28,000. The price I ended up paying,
> after ordering the parts from the midwest and having
> a local pressure vessel welder put them together,
> was about $2,800.
>
> Alec

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute