Re: RES: [PSUBS-MAILIST] VOC monitor

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 02:32:36 -0600 Coalbunny <coalbunny@vcn.com> writes:
>Jorge, VOCs should be monitored in enclosed spaces when you have human
>occupation.  For example- farts.  No joke.  Farts.  You may not smell
>them and you may not hear them.  But yes they can be explosive.  Trust
>me, I learned that as a kid.  :)

There's a good story here, I'm sure.

>Seriously though, I'm not joking when
>I say that could be a huge problem.  In professional and military craft
>they have stuff to prevent any accumulation of most VOCs.  A personal
>sub doesn't.  And I think it would be wise.

Well, yes, but aren't we thinking of being in the psub for a lot less
than
eight hours?   Captain K.  suggested surfacing to ventilate each hour or
less.  My Argonaut Junior replica would be sealed up for less than an
hour.

What kind of monitor will read this VOC stuff?  It certainly won't
hurt to know about it.

Mike H.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.