Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST]Submanaut/Ben Franklin

In a message dated 8/23/2002 4:21:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
riccidustin@yahoo.com writes:

<< Wow Carsten!
 I looked at the pictures of Submanaut. She is in bad
 shape. Who originally built the boat? How did the
 current owner get his hands on it? When was it's last
 dive?

 Does anyone know what happen to the Ben Franklin? I
 was in Switzerland in the 60s at lake Lucerne and I
 swear there was a submarine I believe built by Piccard
 that looked just like the Franklin. It was operating
 as a tourist sub. I'm almost certain that submarine
 became the Ben Franklin.

That was the Auguste Piccard--100 feet long--the daddy of the Ben Franklin
design,
Vance