Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: Virus alert from Phil Bowman.!

Confirmed.  The "bear scare" is bogus.  Don't delete your teddy; you need him.

Pat

----- Original Message -----
From: Captain Nemo
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: Virus alert from Phil Bowman.!

WHOA! What a coincidence.  I just sent an email about the KLEZ virus, and before it could display, this one came through.  First of all let me warn everybody that I seem to recall that this message telling people to locate and delete their "teddy bear icon" file is bogus.  It's a necessary file for your computer, and the virus scare is a fake designed to get you to delete something you need.

I'm going to check my virus dictionary later today and get back about this A.S.A.P..  If I'm wrong, I'll apologize.  If I'm right, I just saved one of your necessary files.

Don't delete your teddy bear until you hear from me.

Pat