[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Joshua's dream

Hello Joshua;
I can really appreciate your dream. Have you ever been
on a Los Angeles class fast attack? I have and it is a
truly awesome experience. I went aboard the SSN 713
Houston. This is the submarine used to shoot Hunt for
Red October. If you or anyone is interested in touring
a fast attack it may be arranged. I don't know how
difficult it is since the incident off Hawaii. But
they may not be to stressed about a static tour. The
only requirement is you must be a US citizen with a US
birth certificate.
Kindest regards;
Ricci

--- Joshua Skains <jskains@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I thought I would mention some things about me...
>
> I am definatly into the military submarine look.
> (From
> the German XXI on) My dream would be similar to
the
> CSSX project that I found on the site. The only
> difference for me is the dive chamber for me
> wouldn't
> exist.. I'd use that for other things (like the
> computer systems I would have running the thing.)
>
> I am a Unix and NT systems admin and with all the
> access I have to leftover systems (and
> touchscreens!)
> I would definatly be decking the thing out for
> sonar/radar/auto-navigation and do some PERL
> touchscreen buttons so some of the consoles would
be
> touchscreen based.. I would also have complete
maps
> on
> a few RAIDed 20gb HDs along with the ability to
> raise
> a radio antenna and see about internet access. :)
>
> Another biggie for me (yeah, it's goofy,
but...these
> are DREAMS :) ), is just to have the thing cut
water
> similar to real subs.. Having the water roll over
> the
> bow and being able to watch that from the top of
the
> sail would be neat.
>
> Call me goofy, but my favorite sub-scene in a
movie
> was Crimson Tide, as the two main characters sat
on
> the sail just watching the view right before the
> captain (Gene Hackman) orders "XO, take her
down".