Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Catching up and other....

The length of the rectangle would be the circumference of the cylinder, if I understand you correctly, therefore it would be the diameter times pi (D x Pi). The volume of the cylinder is the area of a cross section (Radius squared times pi, R2 x Pi) times the  length of it (R2 x Pi x L). Be forewarned, this will give you a figure in cubic (insert whatever unit of measure you measured the cylinder in: feet, centimeters, inches, miles...). If you have the volume, you can create a formula for the length and radius of the cylinder, but unless you have two of the measurements (length, volume, radius), you can't find the third. My overstated two cents worth.

David C