From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Ian
Roxborough
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 3:34 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re:UQC communications

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 17:48:11 -0400
Michael Holt <mholt@richmond.edu> wrote:

> Ian Roxborough wrote:
> >
> > If an UQC if the same/similar as/to a hydrophone, then there are
> > some hydrophone plans I've been collecting parts for that might be
> > of interest to some people:
> >
> > http://sonar-fs.lboro.ac.uk/uag/products/products_hydrophone.html
>
> That's pretty basic: it requires parts!  What do you know about
> performance?  Can't the phone and the amplifier be purchased and mated

> later?

Probably, you can buy a hydrophone kit for $100-$180.
It's low end stuff, but maybe it could be useful.
The Kitteridge plans sound a lot more high quality
than this one.

> (It's been a long time since I did anything like that.)

Yeah, me too, I'm really fedup of sorting through
capacitors, so I'll take a break for a few days...
If I finish it before I go to the conference, I'll
bring it with me.

Ian.

--
The moon ate the sun on Monday and it was an awsome sight to see.