From: Ian Roxborough [mailto:irox@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 2:42 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re:UQC communications

If an UQC if the same/similar as/to a hydrophone, then there
are some hydrophone plans I've been collecting parts for that
might be of interest to some people:

http://sonar-fs.lboro.ac.uk/uag/products/products_hydrophone.html

I've almost got enough parts to finish one now, I'll probably
pick up the remaining parts soon.  When I've finished it, I'll
let the list know how well it works (if I finish it)...

Ian.

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:23:42 -0700 (PDT)
Ray Keefer <Ray.Keefer@Sun.COM> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> I got a copy from Captain Kitteridge with the intention of making a couple
> for the Regatta. Then afterwards for sale. All he provided was the
> schematic. No parts list or sources. The components refered to on the
> schematic are a little dated and I had a hard time finding any specs on
> them.
>
> There was no details of the key component, the transducer. Apperantly the
> Captain built his own out of a ceramic cylinder, machined parts and
> epoxy.
>
> The printed circuit board is a single-sided board that the Captain had
> made for him from a shop on the East Coast.
>
> The best way to get a copy is to contact the Captain directly.
>
> Regards,
> Ray
>
> > Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:29:32 -0700
> > Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re:UQC communications
> > From: "Daniel Lance" <lanceind@cconnect.net>
> > To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
> >
> > To Psub community,
> > I am interested in building some UQC communication equipment for my
K-350. I

--
The moon ate the sun on Monday and it was an awsome sight to see.