From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Captain Nemo
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 2:24 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] NEMO's Video

Hi Suds,

Sidelined?  No.  I'm juggling several torches at once right now,  but do
manage to get a handle on that one a little bit each week.  In fact, since
the last time you were online, I've spent megabucks on new computers,
graphics software, U/W video cameras, audio gear, editing equipment, etc.;
just to make the final product better.

The release date was originally delayed when people asked me to wait so they
could do things with their subs and send in footage.  In good faith I
agreed, and also got into a renovation of the NAUTILUS MINISUB which has
taken longer than expected due to a lot of factors, some legitimately
"beyond my control".  When that work is finished, we'll shoot on the leeward
side for a couple TV shows that are waiting for us; and footage from the NM
rebuild and ocean ops will be in the video.

Meanwhile, we've also got another experimental prototype even closer to
completion (waiting on two components presently being built by
manufacturers, and then we're good to go) that will be in the movie, as
well.  That's all I will say about that at this time.

All of my projects, the video included, are funded out of my own pocket, and
every bit of work going into them is done by yours truly, in what spare time
I can manage when I'm not working for a living.

The video project is still very much alive.  And while we're on the subject:
it would be nice if some of those people who asked me to wait would send in
their footage.

If anybody else wants to be in the video, the deal is only a free copy for
your useable contribution.  I will never recover the investment I've made in
this project, but that's OK: the intent is to advance public awareness and
safety.  I'll try to include all subs, finished or not.  Shop footage is
just as welcome as water shots.  Contact me offline.

There's still some time, but once we're done shooting over here, that's it:
I'll proceed to the final cut with what I have then, and make announcements
when distribution begins.

I'd like to thank all those who have participated thus far.  I've received
contributions from all ends of the submersible rainbow: top pros and
backyard buffs alike.

If anyone else out there wants to join us, good: you'll be part of something
you can be proud of.  Again: Contact me OFFLINE.

Pat