Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Emergency tapping code...

Hi Ian,

I am looking in my ABS book. The Appendix the tapping codes are in is called
"Appendix 2 IMO-Diving Bell Emergency Locating Device". The paragraph
just before the codes reads:

	In addition to the communications systems referred to above, a
	standard bell emergency communication tapping code should be adopted
	as given below for use between persons in the bell and rescue divers.
	A copy of this code should be displayed inside and outside the
	bell and also in the dive control room.

The appendix has a lot of specs on transponder frequencies and interrogation
rates. Nothing that explains what a "Tapping Code" sounds like. For
instance what does "3.3.3" sound like? I can think of:

	3 quick taps, short pause, 3 quick taps, short pause, 3 quick taps

Anyone know?

Regards,
Ray