Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Under Water Lighting

John,

Thanks,  I knew I read somewhere that one end of the spectrum was better than the
other for under water lights.  I didn't remember where I read it, but it was
probably in the borrowed copy of Busby I had.  The thallium iodide lights sound a
bit to exotic for my project but the bluish tint of the newer high intensity auto
lamps are a possibility.  Andre said they require a transformer.  If they're high
voltage, that might be a problem, but I'll look in to it.

Most of the murkiness in the lake water around here is from plant life.   In the
Atlantic, upper east coast, it's just murky too.  I don't think I even want to know
what that's made up of.   ;-)

What do you think about a high intensity lamp, with a slight blue green filter?
Would a filter help or be to counter productive to make a difference in the long
run?

Thanks, Dan H.