From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Dan h
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 10:05 PM
To: PSUB
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Under water lighting

Calling all hands!

I'm working on my K-350.  It's still a ways from launch time. One of the
many things I still have to work on is some lighting enclosures for
under water lighting.  Most of my diving will be in lakes.  I probably
won't be that deep but I still want to have lights.  I have read that
some lights are better than others for lighting murky water but was
wondering if there was a difference between what is available off the
automotive store shelf or out of a catalogue.  I'd rather not get to
carried away with real exotic stuff if I don't have to.  It's time to
start planning the enclosures and I don't know what type of lamps to
design them for.
Is a halogen head lamp sufficient?
How about those bright bluish head lamps on BMW's.  (don't know the
type)
Would they be any better or is there another type?

Has anyone done any experimenting?

Thanks, Dan H.