Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Using a commercially available hatch as an emergency esca...

Hi Coalbunny,

Your sub is as safe as the weakest link. If you have a viewport that
is only as good as 200 feet, it doesn't matter if the hull can make
it to 900 feet. The watertight interity will already be compromised.

In the case of a 200 foot viewport, go no deeper then 100 feet for a 2:1
safety factor. If 100 feet isn't enough, forget about reinforcing the
viewport. Just build it better in the first place. Design it for 900 feet
for that 900 foot hull.

Regards,
Ray