Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] was- pressure hull sizing/now adding O2

Oxygen addition in the context of a 1 ATM submersible is best accomplished through
direct compensation for the internal pressure, as opposed to requiring oxygen
addition based on oxygen sensors - less electronics, lower failure potential.
 As the carbon dioxide within the vehicle is removed, oxygen is added by a
regulator to bring the vehicle pressure back to normal.  In this case, your
check is the cabin pressure, although a passive reporting sensor may not be
a bad idea.  In the alternative, you are relying on the sensors themselves,
the electronics (if using averaging, etc), and the solenoid/valve operation
for your life support.

-Sean

Internet service provided by telus.net  http://www.telus.net/