From: Gregory Snyder
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2002 8:06 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Using a commercially available hatch as an emergency escape hatch.

Dear Psubbers –

I am in need of some advice.

As I refit the sportsub, I wanted to add an additional window that can serve as an escape hatch.

I thought I would do this in the front lower section (by my knees and shins when sitting).

My design can tolerate an oval 27” by 16”.  I can fit through if need be.

I am looking at a commercially available window at the following link:

Model 71111 cut to these dimensions with the hinge removed and bow handles in their place.

http://www.beclawat.com/bec71111.htm

My question is do you think that this will stay sealed in an ambient cabin at a maximum of 130 feet?

Or am I just fooling myself.

Open to suggestions-

Thanks-

Greg