Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dales pressure test

Following up on Dale's great idea to pressure test in at
a lumber yard, I called one that is here in Texas.  They
said that their chamber was 6 feet in diameter, and 60 feet
long.

They load in a bunch of lumber on little rail-cars, then close
the door.  they then suck a vacuum on the entire chamber, then
fill it entirely with their liquid chemicals, then pressurize
the entire thing.

The fella I spoke with wasn't sure of the amount of pressure
that they use.  He thought it may have been around 8 psi, but
that really sounds unreasonably low to really be 'pressure treating'
lumber.

He was pretty willing to discuss the chamber, but seemed pretty
sure that they'd never let me put a sub in it.

I guess if it were to ever happen, they'd put the sub in.  Close
the door, then fill the entire thing with water.  Then they'd
attach their pump and add just the small amount of liquid to
raise the pressure to the appropriate level.  And leave it
there for the requested time.

I now see how Dale's sub was able to go from 400 feet to 0 feet
in 0.5 seconds.  They just opened the valve and a gallon or two
of water jets out.  Or something like that.

Definitely shows promise!

-John