Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Isn't 'Mini book review.' anymore--pressure test

Are you saying to put the sub in a vacuum camber, or to create a vacuum
inside the hull?

If it is the first case, I'm sure you realize it is not the same thing. The
pressure tests they are suggesting isn't so much to test for leaks, as it is
to verify that the hull can withstand the pressure.

And, the second case could stress parts inside that normally wouldn't be
exposed to high pressure or vacuum normally.

So, no, I don't think vacuum is the way to go.

Honestly folks, why all the discussion about how to build a pressure
chamber? No one is going to go to the huge expense for a one time test.
Either you find someone who can do this kind of test with their own chamber,
or you test your sub with deep water.

Let's talk about subs.

JP