[PSUBS-MAILIST] Start a new topic

I am wanting to submit a message to be posted on the
message forum please.  The message is as posted below:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am currently a final 4th year Industrial Design
university student studying at the University of
Technology, Sydney, Australia.  The final year course
extends over an 8 month period consisting primarily of
a major research dissertation/thesis and a following
design product.

I am proposing to focus the design towards a personal
recreation underwater vehicle/scooter that will
further enhance the freedom and flexibility of diving
and underwater activities.  The first semester of the
course will involve a detailed research and analysis
phase that will result towards the research
dissertation/thesis.  The knowledge and experience
gained through this will provide relevant information
to implement towards the design process and eventual
product.  The critical research and analysis phase
involves an understanding of the following:

 Technology review
 Ergonomic/human factors
 Materials exploration and manufacturing
liaison
 Component and assembly cost/sourcing
 Environmental and safety issues
 Product engineering
 Existing product range

In approaching you I have been informed by my
university supervisor that I need to approach possible
stakeholders who may be in a position to provide
guidance towards my project; individuals who are able
to provide professional experience and expertise
towards the design project.  The potential is to gain
contact with relevant assistance throughout the 8
month period focussing on such aspects as:

 Water properties and hydrodynamics
 Vehicle propulsion, with a direct reference
to free energy sources and self powering motion
 Breathing apparatus
 Buoyancy
 Safety and environmental considerations
 Noise and vibration
 Mechanical and electrical engineering
 Ergonomics/human factors
 Materials and waterproofing
 Lighting
 Water pressure, and its effect towards the
product and humans
 Existing product range
 Existing marine life

Through this initial contact with supporting
individuals I am looking to gain approval and positive
support towards the final design project.  In
addition, if you were able to provide me with the
names of alternative contacts or manufacturers in
related fields would be greatly appreciated.

I am wanting to receive information regarding current
marketing and sales, and am hoping through your
professional knowledge that you may be able to provide
information on current trends and potential for
marketing and sales of a new personal recreation
vehicle/scooter.

I am hoping to hear from you in the near future and
look forward to the potential of your support towards
my design project.

With many thanks

John Panayotou

http://www.sold.com.au - SOLD.com.au Auctions