[PSUBS-MAILIST] PWM motor controller on a chip? Yes.

Texas Instruments puts out a chip that they call their
"Advanced PWM Motor Controller" that looks very promising
for controlling DC motors.  I think that the chip runs for
around $10.00, and seems like it would be a good set of
'brains' for our sub motors.

Forward/Reverse capability, current sense, deadband, delayed
start, etc are some of the features.

I've posted the Texas Instruments PDF file at:

http://www.prismnet.com/~moki/subfiles.html

I'd be very interested in hearing comments, particularly from
Ken, to see if there might be any problems with using this chip
for our motors.

Thanks!

-John