Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Amazing photograph...

Adam Harvey wrote:

> The website mentions towing these things away from the drill rigs as a never
> ending task.  That got me thinking.  How the hell do they "tow" them away?
> That is a huge mass to move, assuming the estimate is correct.  Any ideas on
> how they do this?  I think maybe pushing it would be easier, but even with
> two or three tugs it still seems just about impossible.  It seems like one
> would need an armada of tugs even to build up the slightest amount of
> momentum.

The photo is obviously a fake.  Images like that do not exist
in real life, partly because the water is so dark.  Getting the
light in the right place (above and below the subject) is a
challenge in a studio, sometimes.

Towing it?  That's probably absurd, without a Star Trek-style
power plant.

It's just an interesting image.

Mike