avaliable.

Date: Friday, 16 August 2002

Where: where to meet, down to lake, beach, dock, parking lot

Access fees:

Schedule: 0900-1000 sign in
          1000-1300 on lake
          ????-???? what ever

Rules of regatta (for lack of better name):

	This would be the how to keep the event sane. I like the idea
	of one sub at a time submerging for a fixed amount of time and
	area.

	Getting dive permission (marshall boat and chase boat could
	be the same):

		1. power over to marshall boat to request permission to dive
		   (all divers have to fillout some kind of form, name,
		   date of birth, next of kin (sorry :) ) (minors will have
		   to have the signature of a parent)
		2. be put into diving queue
		3. when it is your turn the marshall gives you permission
		   to dive
		4. You power to a chase boat/or it tows you clear of all
		   the other subs

	Dive:

		1. The chase boat hands you an underwater telephone.
		2. The chase boat attaches a buoy with floating line
		3. The chase boat hands you a kitchen timer locked in a
		   box (so you can't be tempted to turn the dial and get
		   more dive time :)
		4. Chase boat sets another timer that it gets with time
		   plus five minutes
		5. Chase boat lifts dive flag
		6. Sub is good to go
		7. Underwater telephone contact is maintained.

	Surfacing:

		1. When timer goes off in the sub, the sub surfaces
		2. If the sub does not come up by the time the chase
		   boat's timer goes off then the emergancy procedures go
		   into effect and that sub and operator will dive no more
		   that day, i.e. no more permission from the marshall.
		3. The chase boat lowers the dive flag.
		4. The sub hands the timer and underwater telephone to the
		   chases boat.

	Returning to fleet:

		1. The sub powers/or is towed back to the fleet

	Safety Procedures:

		1. bouy?
		2. underwater telephone
			- one on chase boat
			- one that is passed to the sub with dive permission
		3. CB's/cell phone/radios?
		4. a pair of divers on hand
		5. lift bags on hand
		6. hoist/crane?

	Emergency Procedures:

		1. try underwanter telephone
		2. put diver in water, follow bouy line down to sub
		3. determin problem
		4. use lift bags if necessary
		5. chase boat to tow to shallow water
		6. in mean time paramedics called if needed

Regards,
Ray