Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Your Message Sent on Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:38:48 +0000

Lew Clayman wrote:

> > I did the same thing.  Reading since then has convinced me that
> > maybe we were both lucky.  An embolism is *possible* in ten feet.
> > Not likely, probably because we're usually letting the air out
> > as we surface.
>
> Wow.

That was my reaction when I read about embolisms being reported
from a depth of six feet.  I spent a lot of time deeper than
that, on one breath.

> I wonder if for some reason it's less likely in children?

Kids are pretty rugged.  Mine were hard to damage, no matter
what I let them  do.  And when they did break something, they
bounced back quickly.  Ah, youth!  Ah, spring!

On the other hand, I guess it's good that I never did quite
get the bike-pump-based hard hat system completed *before*
I found out about girls.

Mike