RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Convention regatta

If there was some way to have a surface skiff "follow"  each sub, they'd
readily stay clear of each other.  Takes extra people though, or simply the
non-diving guys take turns in the dinghy.

The way to follow is perhaps easy, fishfinder etc radar plus an agreed course
and plan.

Just a thought.

-Lew

--- Ashman Vi <ashmanvi@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Suggestion... if each sub had a buoy, they'd probably just get all tangled
> >up in each others'lines. Perhaps we can just have a central "marshall"
> >keeping records on dive plans, such as "sub X going down now and with plan
> >to surface in 20 minutes".
>
>   Buoy idea is a good one, although tangling up with another subs line might
> be a saftey issue.  How about a detachable long pole acting as a signal
> mast, marked with iridescent colors?
> Will this be a public exhibition? if so will your subs be diving that deep
> that the public will not see your subs for long durations?
>
> Just a thought
>

> AshmanVi
> The Marlin Project
>
> CMM Artworks Ltd
> http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/c/cmmartworks/

=====
"The most important things in life are good friends and a strong bull pen."
             - Bob Lemon
=====