[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Motor controller...

Thanks very much Ken for your response.

I would be looking at building 6 of these total.  4 for
the smaller thrusters (70 lb thrust-ish), and 2 for the
2 main propulsion thrusters (110 lb thrust each).

My goal is to be able to control each thruster from a joystick
control, without having to flip a forward/reverse switch (the
circuitry would automatically flip the relay for you based on
the joystick position.

It would be nice if we (if I can help) could come up with a
pc board layout, then make up a number of extras in case others
wanted to build your controller.

I'm good with a soldering iron so I'd be happy to build our
own boards, I'd just need some of your advice and help
here and there.

Do you have a source for purchasing just the lower end (motor)
of the Minn Kota motors.  If you have to purchase everything
(motor/controller/mount/etc) it gets quite expensive!

Thanks a bunch!

-John