[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hot-galvanize stainless steel ?

Hi submadmans and ironheads,

One question about metalurgy :

Is it possible to Hot-galvanize stainless steel ?

I want to build the drop-weights from normal mild
and cheap steel and hot-galvanize it.
The release-key will be made from stainless steel (SS).

For the reason that the welded key-hole inside the
dropweight can be made easy from the same plate as
the key and with the same waterjet cut - I ask this
unuseual question.

drawing without scale : (and below 40 KB :-) )

I = Stainless steel release key
O = Stainless s. hot galv.? key hole
= = mild steel hot galv.drop weight

		 IIIIIIIturn90°

And please - I know that a full SS drop weight will fit
the problem.. .. but I have three weights of 1,3 ts -
means it generate another one..

regards - Carsten