[PSUBS-MAILIST] First post -Acrylic Canopy design forming

Hello everyone at PSubs. And a Happy New year to you all.

I have often visited your site, and browsed through your Archives, and the
conversations regarding information and advice is brilliant.

I have a question for you guys, that i hope some of you may be able to help
answer.

Question: Im looking to make a canopy for a submersible out of clear
acrylic, or other plastic material.

The thickness of the canopy would be around 1/2 inch thick.  What im
wondering is, how could i form my own canopy from acrylic.  Guaranteed,
there is not an existing mould around for the form i want. The shape is
almost a flat window with a slight curvature, would it be better to buy a
certain amount of pre-made flat acrylic and heating it to required form? and
cutting to the desired dimensions? the surface area isnt all the big either.

Lets say i have a surface which has the required curvature, and i was to
place the said pre-made acrylic on it, and use say a " heat blower " from a
wall stripper, or a portable electric heater. Or another heating device to
soften the plastic. Would this work, and is there any other methods? also,
how hot would the arcylic need to be for it to be able to be maluable

Has anyone tried making anything like this on their own in Psubs?

P.S i know some of you are wondering about the thickness, this submersible
is not designed for deep depths, and the thickness is not a concern.

Sincerely
AshmanVi