Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] magazine article

One of my past landlords was some kind of a technician for the USAF in
the late '60s to the mid '70s.  He was stationed in AK for a number of
years, working on the radar stations.  He showed me some pics of the
remains of a Bear that went down east of Nome.  Went down, went boom, no
survivors.  And radar didn't pick it up.  Eskimos first found it.  No
bombs, full crew, even had drop tanks.  Where it went down there wern't
any trees, just tundra.  I wish I could recall the distance from Nome.
He said they were baffled how the bomber could have gotten opast their
radar, but it did.  I think it had been down long enough that they
couldn't approximate the time of impact.  I'm thinking it had been down
a few weeks before the Eskimos found it.
Carl